The Search: Your Must Read Online Marketing Articles from last week
Welcome to the third edition of The Search (formerly called What's Hott), a weekly recap of all the interesting posts from the areas we deal with most in online marketing: paid search, social media, web development, web analytics, SEO, project management, and mobile marketing. Check back each week to stay on top of the latest and greatest techniques in online marketing so that you can improve your skills and better serve your clients. Enjoy!
If you are seeking a way to discover more keywords for your PPC campaign and improve your account's overall performance, check out these paid search related pieces for more clicks and conversions.
- Search Engine Land: Google Tweaks Interface For “Keyword Ideas” In AdWords Keyword Tool
- PPC Hero: 3 Ways to Re-Align Your PPC Strategy
- Small Business Search Marketing: Keyword Research: Did You Dive Deep Enough?
- PPC Hero: Ticker Tuesday: New Ideas For Pay Per Click Ads
- Search Engine Watch: Boost Your CTR With These 5 PPC Ad Copy Strategies
Looking at links? We are with these top SEO-related posts from the last week. Whether you're creating canonical links to redirect your pages or working on a link building campaign, these resources will help you get results.
- SEOMoz: 6 Extreme Canonical Tricks
- Free SEO News: Seven Things That Can Help You With Your Link Building Campaign
- SEO Book: The True Value Of Links
This week's social media headlines focus on the human element of social media. These articles will discuss everything from the broad human influence on social media to specific needs such as reputation management and how to utilize your community for crowdsourcing. Check them out!
- Macworld: Google Tackles Online Reputation Management
- Social Media Examiner: 3 Ways to Benefit From Social Media Crowdsourcing
- Social Media Today: The Human Influence in Social Media
- Now Sourcing: The State of Facebook
Looking to get started with mobile marketing? Have no fear. These mobile-related posts from last week take you through a mobile strategy, from the beginning, to mobile optimization, rules of engagement and finally case studies regarding this medium. Take a look.
- Mashable: 4 Rules of Engagement for Mobile Marketing
- Chris Brogan: SIX MOBILE MARKETING CASE STUDIES
- Web Strategist: How to Develop a Mobile Strategy
- Pronet Advertising: Google Encourages Mobile Optimization of Sites
Do you know why some projects fail? With these top project management related articles, you can learn why a project may fail and how to improve with empowered project teams, scarce resource solutions and more.
- Project Management Tips: Creating an Empowered Project Team
- Project Shrink: Interacting With Scarce Resources. And Flags!
- Project Smart: Don't Just Tell Them... SHOW Them!
- Project Smart: 15 Causes of Project Failure
We love analytics at Three Deep, and these three articles are great to take your web analytics to the next level. A special mention to Avinash Kaushik for his 5th year of blogging at Occam's Razor, we enjoy your blog and look forward to the next five years of your insights.
- SEOMoz: 11 Analytics Metrics That Are Actionable
- Analytics Talk: 5 Google Analytics Custom Variables for Ecommerce
- Occam’s Razor: An Incredible Analytics Experience: 5 Years of Occam’s Razor