Welcome to the fourth edition of The Search, a weekly recap of all the interesting posts from the areas we deal with most: paid search, social media, web development, web analytics, SEO, project management, and mobile marketing. Check back each week to stay on top of the latest and greatest techniques in online marketing so that you can improve your skills and better serve your clients. Enjoy!
This week’s paid search articles take you all over the PPC sphere. Whether you’re looking for detailed AdWords lessons to get started in your first campaign, or are looking expand your Excel knowledge, these articles will help.
- PPC Hero: Using Excel To Boost PPC Performance
- State Of Search: Missed The Inside Search Event? Watch It Here!
- Google Inside Adwords: Learn More About AdWords With Our New YouTube Channel
- The RKG Blog: MOBILE TRAFFIC PATTERNS IN PAID SEARCH
- Google Inside Adwords: Getting Started with Automated Rules
Our SEO top articles this week help to bring your SEO tactics to the next level. We personally enjoy the Top Ten Must Have Books on Usability and Search Engine Optimization.
- SEO Book: Turning Traffic Into Customers
- Search Engine Watch: 4 SEO Recommendations for More Effective B2B Website Industry Sections
- Coconut Headphones: SEO for YouTube : Advanced Tricks
- Cre8pc: Top Ten Must Have Books on Usability and Search Engine Optimization
This week, we hear from Ford’s head of social media with a new infographic. We also get two new articles from the Social Media Examiner on recommended tools and building a social media following.
- Scott Monty: Global Map of Social Networking [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Jordan Rules: Social Media Interaction Pattern Library
- Social Media Examiner: 12 Social Media Tools Recommended by the Pros
- Social Media Examiner: 5 Ways to Build a Following by Giving Something Away
Working on mobile? These articles focus on mobile apps, the strategy behind “Going Mobile” and what markets are perfect for social mobile. Take a look!
- Smedio: The Next Best Emerging Market for Social Mobile Technology
- The Loud Few: Going Mobile? Know Your Mobile Marketing Lingo
- B2B Marketing Insider: Mobile Marketing Is A Strategy Not A Tactic
- MSGME: Mobile Apps Overtake Web – Is This the Turning Point?
This week, we cover methods to better your project management, including websites focusing on project leadership, four methods to manage your budget and a nine step path to becoming a better PM.
- Learning Tree: Nine Project Leadership Web Sites
- Computer World: Project Management: 4 Ways to Manage Your Budget
- Projects At Work: Be A Better PM in 9 Steps
Analysts, take note of the new GA improvements to mobile reporting, as well as the new digital measurement principles from ANA, 4As and IAB. Check it out!
- Google Analytics: New Google Analytics: Improvements in Mobile Reporting
- Media Post: ANA, 4As, IAB Release Digital Measurement Principles
Do you want to implement some of the ideas that you see in these articles, but need assistance in doing so? Please do not hesitate to contact Three Deep. We would be more than happy to help in the areas you’re interested in.