The Search vol 5: Top Online Marketing Articles
Welcome to the fifth edition of The Search, a weekly recap of all the interesting posts from the areas we deal with most: paid search, social media, web development, web analytics, SEO, and mobile marketing. Check back each week to stay on top of the latest and greatest techniques in online marketing so that you can improve your skills and better serve your clients. Enjoy!
This week's paid search posts focused on targeting for the moment of conversion, how to properly target for that moment and write copy that converts in that moment. Check out the posts!
- PPC Hero: Microsoft adCenter Radius Targeting is a GO!
- Inside AdWords: The Zero Moment of Truth: A New Marketing Strategy
- PPC Hero: Case Study - Writing Effective Sales Ads
This week in SEO, we're going back to basics. Learn about what should be in your SEO Toolbox from SEO Book, as well as SEO basic experiments with the new social network, Google+. Find out more in the links below:
- SEO Book: What's in Your SEO Toolbox
- SEOmoz: Experiments on Google+ and Twitter Influencing Search Rankings
- Outspoken Media: Marrying Sales and Internet Marketing
The big news in social this week is obviously around Google's launch of the Google+ network, but we've also included some great posts from Brian Solis and Smedio on social media strategy and social spam.
- Brian Solis: The Number One Least Asked Question in Social Media: Why?
- SEOmoz: The New Google Social Network - Google+
- Smedio: Social Spam Hackers to Kill Social Media
In the midst of ever-changing social plugins, it may get difficult to track what the "likes" "tweets" and "+1" mean for your business. The Google Analytics blog breaks this down in their post:
- Google Analytics: Social Plugin Tracking in Google Analytics
Google has released some great innovations for their mobile platform. Be sure to check out their new transit navigation and updated Google Docs. In other news, Smedio covers the rise of smartphone purchases and how that affects the mobile industry.
- Google Mobile Blog: Google Maps 5.7 for Android introduces Transit Navigation and more
- Smedio: Smartphone Purchases Now Outnumber Feature Phones in US
- Google Mobile Blog: Share your docs on the go with the improved Google Docs for Mobile
What do you think of these posts that we have shared with you? Do you agree or disagree with the ones posted? We'd love to hear your thoughts, and invite you to leave us a comment or tweet us @threedeep.