Welcome to the seventh edition of The Search, a weekly recap of all the interesting articles from the areas we deal with most: paid search, social media, web development, web analytics, SEO, display advertising, email marketing and mobile marketing. Check back each week to stay on top of the latest and greatest techniques in online marketing so that you can improve your skills and better serve your clients. Enjoy!
Do you know what the most expensive keywords are in Google AdWords? That is just one of the topics covered in these great articles regarding Paid Search and PPC. Check them out!
- Certified Knowledge: The One Minute AdWords Account Diagnosis
- PPC Hero: Discover The 20 Most Expensive Keywords in Google AdWords
- Search Engine Land: Key Principles To Follow When Examining Keyword Difficulty
- The RKG Blog: Studies Show Search Ads Drive 89% Incremental Traffic
- Pure PPC: Running a PPC Campaign: A Pathway to Success
What is happening with Google and SEO? These articles are just what you need to learn more about what innovations are happening on the largest search engine.
- Coconut Headphones: Google’s Secret Ranking Algorithm Exposed
- Search Engine Land: Google Overhauls Place Pages, Emphasizes Reviews & Kills Citations
- Search Engine Land: Uncovering The Best Mobile SEO Resources On The Web
- Search Engine Roundtable: Google URL Parameters Enables Finer Controls
New to the Search is Display Advertising. This week we take a look at different sources, publisher placements and how digital channels interact with traditional TV advertising. Take a look!
- eMarketer: Buying Display Ad Inventory: Making Sense of Multiple Sources
- Search Engine Guide: Advertisers Continue to Rely on Ad Network, Publisher Site Placements
- Media Daily News: Upfront: Trad TV Dollars Pivot Into Digital Channels
Just like last week, much of the buzz for social media still revolves around Google+. Take a look at the article from Search Engine Land or one of the other articles surrounding all things social.
- Search Engine Land: Google+ Traffic Growth Continues, Up 283% From Previous Week
- Tripwire Magazine: 30 Useful Social Media Monitoring Tools
- Investopedia: 5 Emerging Social Media Companies You Need To Know
- Social Media Examiner: 6 Ways to Convert Social Media Traffic Into Leads
Time to get back to the basics with web analytics? Want to measure social media engagement? Check out the article from Luna Metrics? Lead value? Try Future Now’s post. Or learn from your analytics and start optimizing your website with Zimana’s advice. Check them out today!
- Luna Metrics: Tracking Social Media Engagement in Google Analytics
- Future Now: Lead Value: What It Is, How to Calculate, and Why
- Zimana Blog: Outdated Website? Try These Six Starting Points For Website Optimization
Every week there is a new prediction with where Mobile is currently and where it is headed. With these articles, you’ll learn more about where it is headed and whether it is poised to overtake TV advertising spend.
- Adweek: Razorfish’s Paul Gelb: Mobile Ad Spend Will Overtake TV
- Resource Nation: Creating an Interactive Experience: Trends in Email, Mobile, and Social Marketing
New to the Search, we are proud to add email to the list. Check out these Email 101 basics and start improving your campaigns today!
- Pro Blogger: 10 Things You Can Do Right Now to Grow Your Email List
- Email Marketing Reports: 14 ways to remove the attention barriers in your email marketing
- Marketing Profs: Six Do’s and Don’ts of Email Design
What do you think of these posts that we have shared with you? Do you agree or disagree with the ones posted? We’d love to hear your thoughts, and invite you to leave us a comment or tweet us @threedeep.