The Search vol 8: Top Online Marketing Articles
Welcome to the eighth edition of The Search, a weekly recap of all the interesting posts from the areas we deal with most: paid search, project management, social media, SEO, email, and mobile marketing. Check back each week to stay on top of the latest and greatest techniques in online marketing so that you can improve your skills and better serve your clients. Enjoy!
This week is all about Google AdWords and ways to enhance your current AdWords campaigns. Check out these great articles for more information!
- Google Inside Adwords: Live AdWords webinars every Tuesday and Wednesday
- PPC Hero: Google Announces Click-to-Call Enhancements in AdWords Ads
- Search Engine Watch: 6 Ways Search Marketers Can Capitalize During Holidays & Seasonally
- Google Inside Adwords: Making local online advertising easy with Google AdWords Express
- SEO Book: Longer Google AdWords Ad Copy
SEOmoz makes headlines this week after Mozcon with the announcement of their brand new Open Site explorer, as well as how to best leverage your SEO for Search Retargeting. Take a look at all of these SEO posts for great search advice.
- SEO Moz: Brand New Open Site Explorer is Here
- SEO Moz: Leveraging your SEO for Search Retargeting
- The Atlantic: SEO Shop Puts 50 Google +1s on Sale for Just $9.99
- Search Engine Journal: The 3 Pillars of Local Search Reviews
One of the big pieces of social media news last week was the implementation of the embed option for a LinkedIn job application for companies. Check out what other social media stories have been making the news.
- Search Engine Land: Business Guide to Facebook Launches
- Social Media Examiner:8 Ways to Maximize Your YouTube Marketing Results
- Tech Crunch: LinkedIn Debuts Embeddable Job Application Tool For Companies
- Mashable: 5 Big Mistakes To Avoid in Your QR Code Marketing Campaign
This week, mobile marketing focuses on the statistics. First, Mashable reports that Android has nearly 50% of the smartphone market worldwide, while e-Strategy covers mobile app usage. Find out more by reading these posts!
- Mashable: Android Captures Nearly 50% of Global Smartphone Market
- Resource Nation: Mobile Marketing: It’s a Database Strategy, Not a Channel Strategy
- e-Strategy.com: Mobile App Usage
In email marketing for this week, these articles take a look at the possibility of integrating social media into your emails, what to consider or add in an email subject line, and what you should do for an email welcome series. Take a look!
- Marketing Profs: How and Why Email Marketers Should Integrate Social
- Email Marketing Reports: What NOT to Add to an Email Subject Line
- Marketing Profs: Top Tips for an Email Welcome Series
Finally, our top project management articles take you through the process of getting your project proposal ready, and lead you through some project therapy as well. How refreshing! Check out these articles for more information.