Three Deep Marketing is seeking a Search Engine Optimization professional with a passion for search to be our next SEO Specialist.
Our SEO Team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for someone to help execute on existing projects as well as allow us the capacity to take on new clients.
We’re looking for someone with demonstrated ability to identify issues across a wide range of areas, develop and implement impactful solutions, and analyze results and relay those back to the team.
If you’re are a hard-working, analytically-minded person that enjoys everything organic from SEO Audits to Content Marketing, then Three Deep might be the place for you.
- Client Results: You will be expected to build value for our clients by making technical recommendations, conducting keyword research and content strategy recommendations, building domain equity through link building and producing the great results that our clients expect.
- Research, Analysis and Reporting: You will work alongside our interactive team to perform keyword research, demographic analysis and overall planning for various client accounts. You will be responsible for consistently monitoring and keeping campaigns up to date with new SEO strategies and techniques, as well as providing analysis utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and Conductor Searchlight to maximize the performance of online marketing programs.
- Continued Learning: We encourage all of our employees to continue learning and refining their skills, so we will work with you to make sure that you’re continuing to further your expertise through certifications, local conferences and events.
- Team Collaboration: You’ll often engage in teamwork with the other SEO Specialists as well as other members of the Three Deep team to ensure that we are delivering the most effective services to our clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or related business experience
- A natural curiosity for how things work and the ability to adapt
- 2+ years experience with search engine optimization in an agency setting
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of search engine optimization including site structure, crawlability, indexation, and redirects (basic HTML coding experience a big plus)
- Experience with tools to boost productivity such as Screaming Frog, Conductor Searchlight, Scrapebox and others
- Experience optimizing all kinds of sites on various platforms – everything from mom-and-pop shops to eCommerce websites to Fortune 50 clients (more of the latter)
- Ability to conduct detailed keyword research using a variety of tools, estimate traffic and implement your research in an impactful manner
- Ability to conduct website audits, develop actionable recommendations, and execute on them
- Ability to markup sites with Schema.org rich snippets, and troubleshoot issues
- Write or review keyword rich meta data for thousands of pages
- Link building experience through traditional methods, infographics and social media
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and make progress on multiple concurrent projects and share progress with your team (experience with Asana and Kanbanize a plus)
- Maintain an extensive reading list of industry and non-industry sources to understand upcoming changes to search engine landscape
- Knowledge and experience with Conversion Rate Optimization, Video SEO and Local SEO a plus
- Ability to report on results of all efforts to provide transparency to functional and executive teams
- Understanding of the fundamentals of web analytics, especially Google Analytics
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- NOTE: This is not a remote position. Local applicants only please!
Our Core Values
Our Core Values are Team First, Passion, Problem Solving and Accountability.
We aim to surround ourselves with employees who exemplify our core values and avoid hiring those who do not. Whether you are new to Three Deep or have been an employee for years, you are expected to represent these core values each and every day.
Some examples of how that would come into practice for our next SEO Specialist include:
- Take a team first, me second approach to doing business – find a way to get what you need, respectfully
- Easy to work with, have a good sense of humor, and positive attitude
- Good communication skills internally and externally
- Passion for treating the client’s business as our own – we get our best results by forming partnerships, not vendor/client relationships
- Ambitious – actively working to improve your skill set, and the skills of our teams
- Intellectually curious – not just asking “what and how” but “why” and “what else”
- Ability to think creatively & bring innovative solutions to marketing challenges for the agency and our clients
- Flexibility to figure things out while processes are being defined
- Same day turnarounds are frequently required, and priorities change quickly
- Accountability at Three Deep means doing the right thing to get the job done. That means taking responsibility to get things fixed, even if it’s not your fault. It also means owning your mistakes if you make them, and working to find a solution
- Reliable, professional and extremely organized
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to hit deadlines or predict if you aren’t going to be able to deliver on time and to the level of quality necessary
What you’ll get from Three Deep:
The Ability to Level Up, Quickly
Our SEO team members work in a very fast-paced environment. And when we say fast-paced, we really mean it. At Three Deep, you’ll have the opportunity to work on identifying and executing SEO strategies for some of the world’s largest brands.
We tend to start team members out small and let their client load grow as they grow. Thankfully, we have a very active sales pipeline and new projects and opportunities happen very often.
Each project you touch will have a dedicated Client Services Manager, and you’ll have assistance from a more senior resource when you need it. While you’ll be brought in where necessary for some client facetime, most of our SEO team members are free to do what they do best – SEO.
We also have a dedicated Reporting team, which means you are not responsible for delivering monthly client-facing reports. You will of course be responsible for continual monitoring and analysis, but there’s no monthly crunch to get reporting done.
Great Work Environment
We have an excellent work environment here at Three Deep. All employees get laptops, so we have a liberal work from home policy. We have a fully-stocked beer fridge for Fridays (and sometimes Thursdays). We have ping pong, pool, and fuseball tables. We frequently do quarterly off-site meetings – last time we played Whirlyball (look it up) and ate tacos.
How to Apply
- Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com